Monday, May 2, 2011

Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder

Summary:(from back of book) Restless souls and empty hearts. Brooklyn can't sleep. Her boyfriend Lucca, died only a year ago, and now her friend Gabe has just died of an overdose. Every time she closes her eyes Gabe's ghost is there waiting for her. She has no idea what he wants, or why it isn't Lucca visiting her dreams. Nico can't stop. He's always running, trying to escape the pain of losing his brother, Lucca. But then Lucca's ghost begins leaving messages telling Nico he needs to help Brooklyn. As the nightmares escalate and the messages become relentless, Nico reaches out to Brooklyn. But neither of them can admit that they're being haunted. Until they learn to let each other in, not one soul will be able to rest.
Review: I have my eye on this book for a while and finally had the opportunity to read it. I liked the prose format of the book which can either make or break a story for me but this one was really great. this book primarily dealt with the emotions and pain that Brooklyn and Nico are going through after all the death there high school has experienced. This book is a companion novel to Shroeder's earlier novel I heart you, you haunt me which I read a while back. I have to say that I enjoyed this book more, I thought the story and characters were more fleshed out and real in this book. My only problem was that not much happens in the way of plot, but as I said this book focuses more on the characters emotions.
  I absolutely love the characters. I could relate to Brooklyn even though I have never expereinced anything like that, and was really sympathetic to her struggle. I thought Nico was the sweetest guy ever. The way he rose to the challenge of helping Brooklyn despite his own pain made me really like him.
  Overall, I thought I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who likes this kind of story. This books makes me want to read  Schroeder's other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment