Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in series.
 Summary:(from back of book) Welcome to Morganville, Texas. Don't stay out after dark. In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace- until all the rules got rewritten when evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it. Bishop must go to even greater lengths. He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants- the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires be content to go back to the old rules after having had such a taste of power?
 Review: This is the sixth book in the series and it picked up a short while after the last one ended. This book focused on the continuing war with Bishop and as this battle finally came to an end I couldn't stop reading. There were a few surprising plot twists that kept things interesting. I really love this series. I am excited about the fact that I am so behind in this series. It will be a while before I have to wait for a new release. I am intersted to see where the story will go from here. Also, an old question that I had nearly forgotten about is answered in this book.  I really like all the characters, and right now I am hoping that I correctly interpreted what happened at the end of this book but I have a feeling I'm wrong. Overall, this book was a really great addition to the series and I love this unique vampire story.

No comments:

Post a Comment