Monday, January 3, 2011

The Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

This review may contain spoilers if you haven't read previous books in the series.
Summary:(from book jacket) Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules. She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir's Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off- limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardians to come. Now the law has finally caught up with Rose- for a crime she didn't even commit. She's in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She'll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir. But the clock on Rose's life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back... and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your whole life is about saving others, who will save you?
 Review: This book was awesome. I have been in love with this series for a while and this final installment didn't disappoint. The majority of the book is focused on finding out who really killed Tatiana and clearing Rose's name. As more and more pieces to the puzzle are revealed the story becomes intense and exciting. This book was full of surprising twists that kept me reading until the end. Although, the plot isn't all that fast paced it still kept me exctied for its near 600 pages.
I absolutely love all the characters in this series. There are too many to name but let me just say that Rose and her group of friends are so awesome. I also like the unique take on vampires that this series has. The world of Moroi and dhampir is different that most other vampire series that I've read. This series is far from the typical scary vampire story, which I think is awesome. I just wish this book wasn't the last, although I believe there is a spinoff series in the works, not sure when it's going to be released though.
 I recommend this series to anyone who is a fan of any other vampire series I think you will love it just as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment