Friday, January 14, 2011

Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.
Summary:(from book jacket) The behemoth is the fiercest creature in the British navy. It can swallow enemy battleships with one bite. The Darwinists will need it, now that they are at war with the Clanker powers. Deryn is a girl posing as a boy in the British Air Service, and Alek is the heir to an empire posing as a commoner. Finally, together aboard the airship Leviathan they hope to bring the war to a halt. But when disaster strikes the Leviathan's peacekeeping mission, they find themselves alone and hunted in enemy territory. Alek and Deryn will need great skill, new allies and brave hearts to face what's ahead.
Review: I really liked this book. It was full of action and excitement and there was a cliffhanger ending. I don't know if I can't wait to see how this story will end. There were surprising twists that kept my attention through the slower parts of the book. I don't really have any knowledge of what really went on during the war but that didn't really matter as far as getting into the story. I also really like the illustrations scattered throughout the book. I think it would be harder to imagine this alternate world without them.
 I really like the characters in this story. The characters and story are richly detailed and so believable. I think that's what makes the story so great. I think Alek is my favorite character. He can be stubborn and foolish at times but overall, he is just so awesome. I also like Volger he is so funny sometimes. All the characters are so believable and great.
 Anyway, I recommend this book to anyone who wants an awesome alternate version of history. This series is great and i can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment