Monday, February 7, 2011

Torment by Lauren Kate

This review may contain spoilers of Fallen.
Summary: (from book jacket) Hell on earth. That's what it's like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel. It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts- immortals that want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans. At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn't told her everything. He's hiding something- something dangerous. What if Daniel's version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?
Review: I wasn't expecting much from this book when I picked it up because I didn't actually enjoy Fallen all that much. However, I actually really liked this one. It was entertaining and surprising and I was really enjoyed it. I liked some of the issues that were brought up between Luce and Daniel and the surprise as Luce began to discover some of her past lives. I also really liked Shoreline. It was a really interesting setting for the story. Also, Thanksgiving was the best thing ever, It was so funny and awkward and that was before the real fun began. One thing I didn't like though was that some parts of the book seemed kind of repetitive. Luce and Daniel can only do the smae thing so many times before I felt like yelling at them to grow up and get over there problems.
However, I really liked all the new characters that were introduced in this book. Shelby is awesome and Dawn and Jasmine were hilarious and I honestly don't even know what to think about Miles. Another good thing about it was it seemed like all of the old characters from Fallen made at least some brief apperance in this book. The book ended in a giant cliffhanger that makes me super excited to find out where the story goes from here, it's going to get really interesting. Anyone wanting more paranormal romance should read this series. Its worth it with this book.

1 comment:

  1. I personally really enjoyed Fallen and Torment. I can't wait for Passion

    ReplyDelete