Friday, February 11, 2011

Breathe My Name by R.A. Nelson

Summary:(from back of book) "I need to see you. Please come right away. We have to finish." Frances Robinson Can try and forget her birth mother. She can even try to forgive her. But she can never escape their past.
Review: I thought this book was OK. I think a lot of the surprise was taken out of it for me because I read the short summary on the copyrights page and that told the premise of the story in more detail. Had I not known so much to begin with I think I would have enjoyed it a little more. Regardless, there were still some things that surprised me and made it interesting. However, I didn't think the story was all that great. I didn't find the relationship between Frances and Nix all that believable. I didn't think there was enough buildup and just getting to know each other. I didn't really feel all that attached to any of the characters. I didn't find them that relate able. I also thought the alternating between the past and present was interesting. It really let the reader see what was going on instead of just hearing about it eleven years later. The ending chapters were really exciting and there were a few things that took me by surprise. I thought the way it ended was a little bit weird but also kind of fitting. My favorite thing about this book was probably the theme of questioning the blurring line between good and eveil and discovering what that means. Anyway, this book wasn't one of my favorites but I was interested enought that I read it in a day. I want to reccomend this book just hear what other people think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment