Friday, January 27, 2012

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.
Summary: (from book jacket). Then. When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their love moved from a curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives. now. That should have been the end of that story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is the wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be killed in one final, spectacular hunt. forever. Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment- a moment of death or life, farewell or forever.
Review: This is the third and final book in the wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. I thought the story wrapped up pretty nicely although, there a few things that wished had been dealt with a little better. I think the premise was a pretty unique take on werewolves and it was interesting to see where this story eneded. I wish I had a little more information on where these characters ended up. My only other problem was that it took a long time for any action to really happen. The whole story was the slow buildup to the climax. I wish there had been more happening leading up to that.   I like that the book switched perspectives between the main characters. It really made me like them all a lot more. I have to say that Cole is probably my favorite. His role in this story became more than I expected and I really liked his character development. I think this is a pretty good werewolf trilogy and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in this type of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment