Friday, December 9, 2011

The Killer's Cousin by Nancy Werlin

Summary:(from back of book) Hidden Secrets. After seventeen year old David is forced to stand trial for his girlfriends death, he is sent to live with his aunt and uncle and their young daughter, Lily, to avoid the media frenzy. But all is not well at his relatives house. His aunt and uncle are not speaking to each other, and Lily seems dead set on making David's life a torment. And then there's the issue of their older daughter Kathy. who died under mysterious circumstances a number of years back. As things with his family grow more and more intense. David starts to wonder: Is he the only one who's hiding something?
Review: This book was a very interesting read. It was a pretty creepy story and I was hooked on the story until I finished. I liked the mystery aspect of the book and was disappointed when not all of my questions were answered. I wish there was more information given on what happened to Emily. A large part of the story is focused on that I never really got the full story. I had guessed one of the big plot twist pretty early on, but I was still surprised to have it confirmed, that was probably the creepiest part about the book. I also thought the characters were really well developed, especially David. I really felt his pain as he was dealing with the aftermath of everything that had happened. Lily was also very well written and unique. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a good mystery type story.

No comments:

Post a Comment