Monday, December 12, 2011

I Know It's Over by C.K. Kelly Martin

Summary: from back of book) Pure, unplanned, perfect. Those were Nick's summer plans before Sasha stepped into the picture. With the collateral damage from his parents divorce still settling and Dani (his girl of the moment) up for nearly anything, complications are the last thing he needs. all that changes though, when Nick runs into Sasha at the beach in July. Suddenly he's neck deep in a relationship and surprised to find he doesn't mind in the least. But Nick's world shifts again when Sasha breaks up with him. Then, weeks later, while Nick's still reeling from the breakup, she turns up at his doorstep and tells him she's pregnant, and Nick finds himself struggling once more to understand the girls he can't stop caring about for, the girl who insists that it's still over.
Review: This book dealt with an old topic in an new way. In books that deal with teen pregnancy the story is not usually told from the male point of view like this one was and I really liked that. This was a short, quick read and I was surprised by the way that things ended up happening. I think that this book was a good story that dealt with this topic. I also thought the characters reactions were very believable. I really liked reading this story form Nick's point of view and he was my favorite character. I liked Sasha as well but I thought she was kind of annoying at times. Her reactions didn't seem quite as realistic for some reason. Overall, I thought this book was really good. Although not much happens as far as plot. It is definitely a character driven story.

No comments:

Post a Comment