Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Summary:(from goodreads) In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.
Review: I really liked this book. The premise was interesting and everything was well paced. There were many plot twists that kept me reading. Even though this book is close to 500 pages I flew through it pretty quickly. I thought the world building was believable and unique. I would like to know a little bit about how and why this society was formed but other than that I really liked it. Tris is also a really great main character.  She was a strong character, and I liked that she was determined and tough even when she was afraid. Her friends and family were also really well written characters. I had high expectaions for this books going into it because I had read so many positive reviews and I was not dissapointed. I can't wait to read the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment