Friday, March 30, 2012

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Summary: (from back of book) Every girl who has taken the test has died. Now it's Kate's turn. it's always been just Kate and her mom- and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, not other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall. Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld- and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to past seven tests. Kate is sure he's crazy- until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess. If she fails...
Review: I really enjoyed this book. I liked the fresh take on Greek mythology. Even though this book is heavily based on thse stories, what i didn't know about them did not detract from the story at all which I liked. Although, it did start off a little slow after the first few chapters I was hooked and couldn't stop reading until the end. I thought the plot overall was well paced. There were a lot of surprising and suspenseful twists and I am really excited to read the sequel. I really liked all the characters. Kate is a really likable character and as the book went on I was rooting for her to succeed. I also really liked Henry. He was so sweet and yet mysterious. James was also a pretty cool character. I can't wait to see where this sory goes in the sequel. Anyone who is interested in a Greek mythology retelling shouls try this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment