Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

Summary:(from book jacket) Don’t worry, Anna. I’ll tell her, okay? Just let me think about the best way to do it."
"Okay."
"Promise me? Promise you won’t say anything?"
"Don’t worry.” I laughed. “It’s our secret, right?"
According to Anna’s best friend, Frankie, twenty days in Zanzibar Bay is the perfect opportunity to have a summer fling, and if they meet one boy every day, there’s a pretty good chance Anna will find her first summer romance. Anna lightheartedly agrees to the game, but there’s something she hasn’t told Frankie–she’s already had her romance, and it was with Frankie’s older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death one year ago.TWENTY BOY SUMMER explores what it truly means to love someone, what it means to grieve, and ultimately, how to make the most of every beautiful moment life has to offer.

 Review: I didn't really know what to expect from this book, but I thought it was pretty good. The characters emotions were well written and believable. The plot was well paced, although this is a very character driven story rather than having extreme plot twists. I really enjoyed the fact that the majority of this book took place at the beach. The setting really added a lot of excitement and fun to the storyline. I liked both Anna and Frankie as characters. Although, they both had their faults this story is written in a way that makes it so you can't help but want them to be happy and able to move on and leave the past behind. The character development that slowly happened throughout the book made me really love these characters. This book is a fun summer read but it also has a serious side to it. I m very interested to see what else Sarah Ockler has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment