Saturday, March 24, 2012

Eve by Anna Carey

Summary: (from book jacket) Sixteen years after a deadly virus wiped out most of the Earth's population, the world is a perilous place. Eighteen year old Eve has never been beyond the heavily guarded perimeter of her school, where she and two hundred other orphaned girls have been promised a future as the teachers and artists of the New America. But the night before graduation, Eve learns the shocking truth about her school's real purpose- and the horrifying fate that awaits her. Fleeing the only home she's ever known, Eve sets off on a long treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Arden, her former rival from school, and Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust... and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers began hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.
 Review: I was really excited to read this book after I bought it, because the premise seemed interesting and entertaining. I have to say I was not disappointed. The dystopian elements were scary and kept the story moving. The only parts that I thought were a little slow was when Eve was alone. The ending was surprising and and I am really excited to get my hands on the sequel. All the characters were really well written and I was rooting for them throughout the book. Eve, Arden and Caleb were very belivable and unique characters. I can't wait for their story to continue. I think anyone who is a fan of dystopian will enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment