Monday, March 12, 2012

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.
Summary:(from back of book) Half Summer faery princes, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey- ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all too human heart.
Review: This is the second book in the Iron Fey series. This book had high and low points for me. I thought the action scenes were really good and everything going on in Faery kept me interested in where the story was going. Although, I did think there was a few things that were pretty predictable. Also, there were a few portions where I thought the plot was really slow moving. The ending made me really excited to keep reading this series, because it was surprising and I will be very interested to see how this story continues. I really have mixed about these characters. At one moment I was rooting for them and the next they were all driving me crazy. Most of the time I liked them, but I was a little surprised at how self centered they all were. As far as the romance goes I'm not sure how I feel about where this book left off. Guess that means I'll just have to keep reading. I do think some aspects of this Faery world are original. It puts some new twists on old myths and stories and anyone who wants that will enjoy this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment