Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine

This review may contain spoilers of previous book in the series
Summary: (from back of book) Morganville, Texas. Just south of normal. In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans have coexisted in (relatively) bloodless harmony...until the arrival of Bishop, a master vampire who threatens to put the evil back in evil undead and smash the fragile peace. But Bishop isn't the only threat... Violent black clouds promise a storm of devastating proportions.As student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend to defend Morganville against the elements- both natural and unnatural- the unexpected happens: Morganville's vampires begin to vanish one by one. Discovering why leads Claire to one last choice: swear allegiance to Bishop...or die.
Review:I feel like since this is the fifth book in the series I might start to sound a little bit repetitive in my reviews so I'm going to keep this one pretty short. This book was a really great addition to the series. The plot stayed exciting and interesting as the war between sides begins to heat up. There were a few surprises within the plot but mostly this book was about building up to the beginning of a war in Morganville and the effect it's having on everyone. I'm really glad the next several books in the series have already been released.
  As always, I love all the characters in this series, especially Shane. He is such a cool character. I alos have a small soft spot for Oliver, I never really know waht to think of him. But overall, all the characters are awesome. Also Myrnin is scary. I absolutely love this series and everyone who loves vampire stories shouds read it.This is a unique take on vampires that I really enjoy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment