Friday, May 27, 2011

Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz

Summary:(from back of book) Noah's happier than I've seen him in months. So I'd be an awful brother to get in the way of that. It's not like I have some relationship with Melinda. It was just a kiss. Am I going to ruin Noah's happiness because of a kiss? Across four sun kissed, drama drenched summers at his family's beach house, Chase is falling in love, falling in lust, and trying to keep his family from falling apart.
Review: Honestly, the only reason I picked this book up was because I absolutely loved Break. So I thought I would give this one a try as well. This one didn't dissapoint. This book is about so much more than a guy who falls in love with his brother's girlfriend. This is mostly a story about Chase and his big dysfunctional family. The shocking plot twist that happens towards the end of the book added another layer to the story. I haven't been able to get this book out of my head since I finished reading it. I just want to immediately go back and re read it, I didn't want it to end. I expected this book to be about a lighthearted summer romance, but it was really so much more than that. At some points I was laughing at something funny someone said and the next thin I knew, my heart was breaking for one of the characters. I absoultely loved it.  I really liked.  the characters especially Chase and his family. I think Noah was my favorite though, I could tell that despite what anyone might think he wasn't a bad or uncaring person. I could also relate to Chase's problems with growing up and things changing and the overwhelming need to hold on to the people and places you love. I loved these two brothers and wish their story wasn't done being told. Hannah Moskowitz is definitely one to watch and I was excited to find out that she has another book that is expected to be released next year. She is quickly becoming one of my all time favortie authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment