Tuesday, July 20, 2010

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Summary:( from back of book) Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, adoring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. Then, in an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the only decision she has left- the most important one she'll ever make. Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.
Review: This book was really great. It follows Mia as she makes the most important decision she will ever be faced with. It was really sad and yet it was kind of uplifting. I can't really explain why I felt that way but this book gave me a feeling of hope. This story is really enjoyable and will make you think about life a little differently.
I absolutely loved all the characters in this story. Mia was a really smart and brave character. I really enjoyed reading about the difficult choice Mia faces and the journey she takes as she makes her decision. My favorite character in the story was Adam. He was awesome. His determination to help Mia was really cool. He was really different from your average guy in young adult literature these days and I really liked him.
 Another thing I liked about the story was the music aspect. There were alot of music references both real and made up and it added something extra to the story. I love it when a character in a book has a passion for something and in this case it is music.
This book is a really great story full of amazing characters. If it sounds like a good read based on the summary then don't hesitate to pick this one up. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment