Friday, November 25, 2011

The Time Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetsky

Summary:(from book jacket) Louise Lambert has always dreamed of movie starlets and exquisite gowns, and longs for the day when she can fill the closet of her normal suburban home with stylish treasures. But when she receives a mysterious invitation to a vintage fashion sale in the mail, her once painfully average life is magically transformed into a time travel adventure. Suddenly on board a luxurious cruise ship a hundred years ago, Louise relishes the glamour of this opulent age and slips into a life of secrets, drama and decadence.
Review: I actually won this book from a blog giveaway and it's not something I would have picked up myself. This is a light and fun read that I read through pretty quickly. I didn't really think the plot was all that surprising or exciting. I pretty much knew what was going to happen from the beginning which took away from the story a little bit. I was surprised to discover that this book is going to be the start of a series rather than a stand alone. I am interested to see where the author is going with the story, but at the same time it feels like I already know. I really liked the historical aspect of the story though. I always like books that incorporate historical events into the story line and this was no exception. I also thought Louise acted older than she really was. I would have imagined her to be in high school rather than only twelve. I think younger girls who are interested in fashion would really enjoy this book and although I thought the premise was interesting and I kept reading it wasn't one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment