Thursday, November 10, 2011

Crossed by Ally Condie

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.
Summary:(from book jacket) Rules are different outside the Society. Chasing down an uncertain future, Cassia makes her way to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his sure death- only to find that he has escaped into the majestic, but treacherous, canyons. On this wild frontier are glimmers of a different life and the enthralling promise of rebellion. But even as Cassia sacrifices everything to reunite with Ky, ingenious surprises from Xander may change the game once again.
Review: I absolutely loved Matched, so I was really excited to get my hands on this book and find out what happens next. I really liked that as this story went on I slowly got more and more of an idea about how the Society operates and the history behind it's beginning. A large part of the beginning of the book was Cassia trying to find Ky and I thought things dragged a little during that part of the book. I really liked the fact that this book alternated between the perspectives of Cassia and Ky. I thought it was really interesting to see what both of them were thinking and feeling during their journey. This plot really lacked anything that was shocking or really surprising, but I really liked the way it ended and am already looking forward to seeing how this story goes on. My favorite part about this book was the characters. I felt like this book was much more emotionally driven as all the characters try to come to terms with their pasts and look forward to the future. I also thought Ky was really awesome in this book. getting inside his head made me like him even more than I did before. I understand him so much more now. I can't wait for the sequel to this book. Apart from a few slow parts I was hooked to this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment