Friday, March 4, 2011

The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer.

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.
Summary:(from back of book) When a apocalyptic disaster strikes New York City, Alex Morales suddenly finds himself fighting to stay alive.
Review: This book is a companion of sorts to the first book in the series Life as We Knew It. I have to say that I liked this one even better. This story is told during the same time period as Life as We Knew It, but in New York city. This  story was more haunting than the first book. Although it was mentioned several times in the book only know do I realize how well off Miranda and her family really were. Alex and his family had more than their fair share of problems throughout the novel. There were a lot of surprising twists and just when you think nothing else can go wrong it does. I really felt for this family and was rooting for them to pull through.
All of the characters in the book were so amazing. Alex and his family were so richly detailed I felt like I knew them so well. I also liked the fact that religion and faith played a large part in this book and everything they had ever believed was questioned as they were struggling to survive. Alex was my absolute favorite character. I can't really say much about it without spoiling so let me just say that he was such a strong character and his development throughout the novel kept me reading.
 Anyone who read and liked the first book should definitely read this one as well. I was a little bit unsure that I could get into the same story told from a different perspective but it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment