Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Awakened by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.
Summary:(from book jacket) Exonerated by the Vampyre High Council and returned to her position of High Priestess at Tulsa's House of Night, Neferet has sworn vengeance on Zoey. Dominion over Kalona is only one of her weapons she plans to use against Z. But Zoey has found sanctuary on the Isle of Skye and is being groomed by Queen Sgiach to take over for her there. Being queen would be cool, wouldn't it? Why should she return to Tulsa? After losing her human consort, Heath, she will never be the same- and her relationship with Stark, may never be the same either. And what about Stevie Rae and Rephaim? The Raven Mocker refuses to be used against Stevie Rae, but what choice does he have when no one in the entire world, including Zoey, would be okay with their relationship? Does he betray his father or his heart?
  Review: This is the eighth book in the House of Night series and I liked it. It picked up a short time after the last book ended and I interested to see where the story would go from there. This book is different from the earlier ones in the series where it was Zoey and her friends were hanging out at school while having a few run ins with darkness. Things between light and darkness have become really intense and exciting as the story progressed. I also liked the fact that this book alternated points of view between pretty much all of the characters at one point. This was done in a way that the readers always had more information about what was going on then the characters did. The plot was pretty well paced, although I kind of got bored of Zoey towards the middle.
 I really like all the characters in the series. Zoey and her friends are pretty cool characters and I enjoy the story more because of that. I also enjoyed the fact that there were a lot of modern things weaved in to the story. Like the fact that Aphrodite has an iphone and Jack watches Glee just made me smile sometimes. those were the little things that made me smile to myself as I was reading. Also, Stark is absolutely awesome, he is my favorite guy that Zoey has dated throughout the series. They way he swears to protect Zoey no matter what makes me like him so much. And i kind of hat to say this but I'm kind of glad Heath is out of the picture I always got annoyed whenever he came aorund.
 I really like this series and Can't wait for the nect book to come out., which will be in November of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment