Saturday, August 27, 2011

Breaking Point by Alex Flinn

 Summary:(from Goodreads). Paul is new to Gate, a school whose rich students make life miserable for anyone not like them. And Paul is definitely not like them. Then, one day something incredible happens. Charlie Good, a star student and athlete, invites Paul to join his elite inner circle. All Charlie wants is a few things in return-- small things that Paul does willingly. And then, one day, Charlie wants something big--really big. Now Paul has to decide how far he'll go to be one of the gang.                                      Review:  This was a pretty interesting book. I liked the way we get to see what led up to these events and what drove these students to do it, rather than dealing with the aftermath, as is the case with most of this type of story. I thought the plot was well paced and I was hooked on the story and buzzed through this one in a day. I absolutely love Alex Flinn and this was the last one of her books that I hadn't read yet, so I was really excited to finally get my hands on a copy. I found myself not really able to sympathize with Paul by the end of the book. However, I really enjoyed getting to know him as the story developed and could definitely relate to some of his problems with fitting in at a new school. One of my favorite things about the book was that we get to see a guy who doesn't have any friends get slowly sucked in to the wrong crowd. It's such a realistic story that could happen to anyone. Alex Flinn is not afraid to tackle sotries dealing with bad situations and i hope she keeps writing for a long time to come.

                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment