Friday, August 12, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Summary: (from book jacket). Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris- until she meets Etienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Etienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. But in the City of Lights, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end  with their long awaited French kiss?
Review: I expected this book to be just another average teen romance story, but it was so much more than that. This was a sweet and charming story. The fact that it took place in Paris really set the tone for romance and fun. The plot was a good pace and I liked the fact that despite the fact that this was a story very much about romance, it also involved a lot of family and friendship issues as well. there were some plot points that were kind of unoriginal, but it didn't really bother me while I was reading.  I really liked getting to explore Paris with Anna and her friends throughout the book. I thought the characters were really well developed and unique. Anna's interest in film was interesting and I could relate to her in this book. Etienne was also a really cool character to get to know. There was a lot more to him than just good looks. Although, I didn't really get the whole name changing thing. So if you are looking for a sweet story with awesome characters and an amazing setting look no further than this. I am excited to see what else this author has put out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment