Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series
Summary: It's been three years since Adam's love saved Mia after the accident that annihilated life as she knew it... and three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever. Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is L.A tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future- and each other.
Review: I absolutely loved If I Stay and so I was really excited when I heard there was going to be a sequel. I also really liked this one. The story picks up three years after the last book ended, which I thought was a good length considering what had happened. I loved the fact that the story was told from Adam's point of view. He is honestly one of my favorite characters ever and getting to hear his side of the story was really cool. I really liked seeing the ways that both Adam and Mia had changed since the end of If I Stay and even within this book. Mia is such a strong character. I loved seeing the way she keeps her family close to her heart even as she is still dealing with grief. I thought it was sad to see Adam so screwed up despite everything he has. He is such an interesting character. Honestly, those two are what make this book so good. If this book was full of average and boring characters it wouldn't be even close to as a mazing as it is. I don't want to let this series go and I hope there is more to this story. I also have to say that I was honestly surprised by the ending. I know I probably shouldn't have been, but I just wasn't expecting things to go that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment