Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Summary: (from back of book) Harriet Vanger, a scion of one of Sweden's wealthiest familes disappeared over forty years ago. All these years later her aged uncle  continues to seek the truth. He hires Mikael Blomkvist, a crusading journalist recently trapped by a libel conviction, to investigate. He is aided by the peirced and tattooed punk prodigy Lisbeth Salander. Together they tap into a vein of iniquity and corruption.
Review: I had heard so many good things about this book form many people before I finally picked this one up. I was a little hesitant to read this because it's not the type of book I usually read so I wasn't sure if I would like it. However, I am glad I did because I really enjoyed it. Henrik Vanger has been haunted by the mystery of Harriet's death for forty years and has hired Mikael to investigate as a last attempt to learn the truth. They mystery unfolds amazingly and I love the way the story progressed. It was a little hard for me to keep some of the characters straight sometimes and I didn't enterly understand some of the business aspects of the story but other than those minor things this book was really good. I have to say though that the beginning is a little bit slow and it may take time to get into the story but don't give up on it. Once the plot picks up it is worth it. The ending is very shocking and is a great ending to the book.
 The characters in this book are all really interesting, especially the many members of the Vanger family. I liked following along with the mystery and wondering who has secrets about what really happened. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a great mystery to read. I will definitely be reading the other two books in the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment