Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fade to Blue by Sean Beaudoin

Summary: Sophie Blue is sarcastic, artistic, and always decked out on black leather and Midnight Noir lipstick. A year ago on her birthday, her dad left. Or spontaneously combusted. Or joined and amazonian cult. In any event, it's sorta bad timing, since a scary Popsicle truck with tinted windows has started circling the house. Kenny Fade is a basketball god. He's got the cheerleader, the scoring title, the matching sweat suit, ans sneakers that cost more than his jeep. He's the guy all the ladies( and their mommas) want. Bad.
Review: This book is really far out and weird. The plot was crazy and there were things happening at every second. The crazy plot kept me hooked on this book though. I wanted to know and although this book is short I finished it pretty quickly. I didn't entirely understand what was happening sometimes which might drive some people crazy, but in this case I didn't really mind it. As the plot moves on I started to understand what was happening more and overall, I liked the story a lot. However, when I finished reading I wasn't entirely sure where the story had ended.
  The characters in the book are all really unique and entertaining to follow, but not really all that developed. Again it didn't really affect this particular book all that much. The characters were so wrapped up in the crazy plot and I do think they were all very well written. I don't think this was really the story for serious character development.
 Overall, I would only recommend this book to people who want to read a sci fi sort of crazy story. If your not interested in that than you probably won't like this. I will definitely be looking out for other things by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment