Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.

Summary:(from goodreads) So what was your name before?" I say, and she freezes, her back to me. "Before you came to the Wilds, I mean."For a moment she stands there.Then she turns around."You might as well get used to it now," she says with quite intensity."Everything you were, the life you had, the people you knew... dust."She shakes her head and says, a little more firmly, "There is no before. There is only now, and what comes next."After falling in love, Lena and Alex flee their oppressive society where love is outlawed and everyone must receive the "cure" - an operation that makes them immune to the delirium of love - but Lena alone manages to find her way to a community of resistance fighters. Although she is bereft without the boy she loves, her struggles seem to be leading her toward a new love.  

Review: This is the second book in the Delirium series and I liked the direction this story took. The plot was a little bit slow moving in parts but I liked the alternating timeline. I thought it kept thing interesting. There was a lot of build up in this book leading up to the more exciting parts in the second half. It ended on a cliffhanger that makes me so excited to get the next book. Lucky for me the wait is not  much longer. I am really curious to see how the final book will play out. I liked Lena a lot in this book. Even though she did a few things that annoyed me, she had a mind of her own and is determined to do what she wants. There are also a lot of new characters introduced in this book. Raven was probably my favorite of all the new characters introduced. Another thing i liked was that in this book we get to see a lot more of how things really are in this society and what this resistance is doing. overall, i liked this book and am excited for the sequel .

No comments:

Post a Comment