Monday, February 4, 2013

Crash by Nicole Williams

Summary:(from goodreads) Jude Ryder and Lucy Larson are this generation's Romeo and Juliet: Explosive. Sizzling. Tragic.A steamy summer encounter with bad boy Jude means trouble for Lucy. Her sights are set on becoming a ballerina, and she won't let anything get in her way . . . except Jude.He's got a rap sheet, dangerous mood swings, and a name that's been sighed, shouted, and cursed by who knows how many girls.Jude's a cancer, the kind of guy who's fated to ruin the lives of girls like Lucy—and he tells her so.But as rumors run rampant and reputations are destroyed, Lucy's not listening to Jude's warning. Is tragedy waiting in the wings? This racy romance is hot, hot, hot. 
Review: I was excited to read this book because i had heard a lot of great reviews of it and I  can see what they hype was about. This was a really good romance story but it also had a lot of substance to it as well. It wasn't all cutesy and light which can get kind of annoying after a while. The plot was well paced and I was sucked in to this story right from the beginning. I think the best part of this story is the characters. Lucy and Jude are both very well developed characters that I  couldn't help but fall in love with.  I loved that Lucy was strong and determined to follow her dreams. Jude was also a really complex character. At first he appeared to be stereotypical bad boy but he is really a lot more than that. Both characters also had a lot of emotional baggage that they were carrying around. This is essentially what drove the plot and I really liked both of them. I was surprised to find out that this book has a sequel because I don't think it really needs one. However, I am glad it does because I am not ready to give up these characters yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment