Friday, November 23, 2012

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Summary:(from goodreads) No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.
Review: This book was better than I thought it was going to be. The premise sounded interesting and I think it was done really well. It was well paced. Once things got exciting towards the end I couldn't wait to finish. However, the way it was narrated kind of annoyed me, especially in the beginning.  I can't exactly pinpoint what the difference is but I didn't like it. I think that also made it difficult to connect with Juliette as a character. Although I did like her, I couldn't completely relate to her situation. I did like Adam though. he was a really awesome character and I liked him more and more as the story went on. I hope in the next book we learn more about the dystopian society and how it came about. Overall, I enjoyed this book and i am definitely looking forward to reading the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment