Thursday, November 15, 2012

Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry

Summary:(from goodreads) In the zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic America where Benny Imura lives, every teenager must find a job by the time they turn fifteen or get their rations cut in half. Benny doesn't want to apprentice as a zombie hunter with his boring older brother Tom, but he has no choice. He expects a tedious job whacking zoms for cash, but what he gets is a vocation that will teach him what it means to be human.
Review: I picked this book up completely on impulse back when my local Borders was closing and finally decided to read it. I have to say I am really happy that I did because I really loved this book. The plot was well paced and there was a lot of depth added that made the story really interesting. This book is close to 500 pages but I raced through it and couldn't put it down, especially towards the end. Although there are a few good fight scenes, this book doesn't really focus on that side of the story, which might disappoint some people, but I thought it was one of the best things about the book. I absolutely loved Benny and Tom. They are both such awesome characters. They are both struggling to come to terms with the way of their society. It was fun to see the way Benny changed throughout the book. Tom was probably my favorite character though. As the story goes on you slowly learn more about his life and past and it made me really like him. Also, the epilogue made me cry. I loved this book and can't wait to start the next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment