Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sweethearts by Sara Zarr



Summary:(from goodreads) As children, Jennifer Harris and Cameron Quick were both social outcasts. They were also one another's only friend. So when Cameron disappears without warning, Jennifer thinks she's lost the only person who will ever understand her. Now in high school, Jennifer has been transformed. Known as Jenna, she's popular, happy, and dating, everything "Jennifer" couldn't be---but she still can't shake the memory of her long-lost friend. When Cameron suddenly reappears, they are both confronted with memories of their shared past and the drastically different paths their lives have taken.
Review: This is the second book by Sara Zarr that I have read and I really liked this one a well. I thought the plot was well paced and I really loved the flashback scenes that told a lot about Jenna and Cameron's past together. Their friendship was probably one of my favorite things about the book. Jenna and Cameron were both very complicated characters and I liked seeing how the events of one day could affect them both for so long. Jenna's internal struggle with her past self was also an interesting apect. The fact that she was trying so hard to fit in and hide her past made her a very real character. But I though all Jenna's friends were really annoying. Ethan and Katy especially seemed really shallow and was getting really annoyed at both of them. The only big thing I didn't like was the ending. I wish things could have ended differently. I also wish there had been a little more explanation for why Cameron came back. All in all, I think think fans of Sara Zarr's other books will enjoy this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment