Sunday, July 8, 2012

Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John

Summary:(from goodreads) The Challenge: Piper has one month to get the rock band Dumb a paying gig.The Deal: If she does it, Piper will become the band's manager and get her share of the profits.The Catch: How can Piper possibly manage one egomaniacal pretty boy, one talentless piece of eye candy, one crush, one silent rocker, and one angry girl? And how can she do it when she's deaf?Piper can't hear Dumb's music, but with growing self-confidence, a budding romance, and a new understanding of the decision her family made to buy a cochlear implant for her deaf baby sister, she discovers her own inner rock star and what it truly means to be a flavor of Dumb.
Review: I picked up this book without knowing that much about it and I really enjoyed it. Piper is a really awesome main character. I really liked the way that she had grown by the end of the book. I haven't come across many deaf characters in ya books and it worked surpisingly well for this setting. I flew through this book pretty quickly and really liked getting to know all the characters. Finn and Ed were both super sweet and I adored both of them. I liked that Tash and Kallie both seemed to grow over the course of the book. Josh was possibly one of the most self centered characters I have ever come across, and Will had no personality at all. There is no doubt that the characters are really make this book stand out This is a book about change and friendship and family and beliveing in yourself no matter what. I really enjoyed this really cool and awesome book

No comments:

Post a Comment