Thursday, March 8, 2012

Prisoners in the Palace by Michaela MacColl

Summary:(from goodreads) MacColl presents a novel of intrigue and romance about how Princess Victoria became queen with the help of a maid, a newspaperman, and a scoundrel.
Review:I don't read that much historical fiction but I thought this book was pretty good. It was a little slow at first but once things picked up I couldn't stop reading. The plot was really entertaining if not a little predictable. My favorite part of this book was definitely getting to see a different side of the historical characters and places that really existed during that time period. All of the characters were very well written and I really liked Liza as a narrator. Liza and Victoria were both a little bit self centered, which I thought was a little bit annoying after a while.  but it was still entertaining. I liked the ways that both of these girls changed throughout the book. Overall, this is a good read for anyone who likes historical fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment