Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Clarity by Kim Harrington

Summary:(from book jacket) Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift. And a curse. When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex boyfriend wants her to help solve the case- but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother, who has supernatural gifts of his own, becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?
Review: This book has a pretty interesting premise and I was sucked in right from the beginning. I did think it was a little bit slow during the middle when the murder was trying to be solved. But the ending was exciting and surprising. This was a pretty short book and I flew through it quickly because I wanted the answers. I liked the plot twists that made me want to keeping reading. The family business aspect was a unique twist to this type of story, where everything is usually so secretive. I thought it was a little bit refreshing. The setting was really awesome too, I love books that are set at the beach. I thought Clare and her family were really great characters. They were very well written and interesting, but I did think some of the things Perry did were kind of weird. I also didn't think any of the romance was all that believable. It seemed like Clare had some feelings for every guy she came across. I definetely have an opinion on who she should end up with though. Anyone who likes mystery mixed with paranormal I think this is a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment