Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ghost Town by Rachel Caine

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.
 Summary: ( from book jacket). While developing a new system to maintain the town's defenses, Claire discovers a way to use the vampires' powers to help keep outsiders from spreading the news of Morganville's "unique" situation once they've crossed the city limits. But the new system has an unexpected and possibly deadly consequence: people inside the town start forgetting who and what they are- even the vampires. And when Claire's boyfriend, Shane, and her best friend Eve, start treating her like a perfect stranger, Claire realizes she has to figure out a way to pull the plug on her experiment- before she forgets how to save herself...and Morganville.
Review: This is the ninth book in this series and it is also my favorite one. The stakes were higher and the story was full of plot twists that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading it. There were constant surprises and I am really excited to keep reading this series. I also really liked the ending which was a complete shock. I am interested to see how that is going to play out in the next book. This book had one of the best plots of any in the series and I hope that keeps up. The characters were all really awesome as usual. I liked that everyone losing their memory was almost used as a way to learn more about where these characters came from and what led them to living in Morganville. The solution to the memory loss problem is not going to go over well with very many people. For some weird reason, I still like Oliver. I really like it when he is around. My only real problem is with the series as a whole. While each book is individually awesome and tells a great story, I don't think it flows as an entire series very well. After I finished this book I read the summary for the next book in the series Bite Club, and it seems to be going in an entirely different direction then what I would expect. other than that though, this series is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment