Thursday, October 21, 2010

Zombies Vs. Unicorns - Multiple Authors

Summary: (from book jacket). Which is better, the zombie or the unicorn? Justine Larbalester says that zombies are our own walking deaths, they cannot be escaped. Unicorns are sparkly and pastel and fart rainbows. Holly Black says that unicorns are healers, arbiters of justice, and occasionally, majestic man-killers. Zombies drool and shed and probably carry diseases. Some of today's finest writers have chosen their side, creating dazzling stories about both creatures. So read on and decide for yourself: Are you Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?
Review: I liked this book. The concept behind it was really entertaining and some of my favorite authors wrote stories in it which made me like it even more. This book also introduced to a few new authors and that's always a good thing. The book alternates between zombie and unicorn stories which kept it entertaining. I also liked the commentary before each story by Justine and Holly. Each was trying to advocate for their own team. I'm not going to go into a really detailed review of this book But I have to say my favorite Zombie story was Children of the Revolution by Maureen Johnson and my favorite unicorn story was Purity Test by Naomi Novik. I can also say that after reading this I am on Team Zombie. Anyone who wants in on the debate should defiantly read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment