Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott

Summary:(from back of book) My name is Danielle. I'm eighteen. I've been stealing things for as long as I can remember. Dani has been trained as a thief by the best there is- her mother. They never stay in one place long enough for Dani to have real connections, real friends- a real life. But in the town of Heaven, everything changes. Suddenly, Dani must question where her loyalties lie: with the life she's always known- or the one she's always wanted.
 Review: I liked this book. I had read a few reviews on it and its written by an author I have enjoyed in the past so I decided to give it a try and it didn't disappoint. Dani is a teenage girl who, deep down, just wants to live the life of one. Dani just wants what so many teens have come to count on in their lives. Like have a house in one place instead of traveling around and a group of friends you can count on. I liked watching Dani change and grow as a person throughout the course of the book. I liked most of the characters in the book with one exception. Dani's mom was really annoying to me. The way she acted came across as irresponsible and annoying. I found myself wanting her to just leave at some points. This didn't take away from the story. I enjoy stories that make me feel strongly for the characters even if it isn't necessarily a good feeling. Other than that I liked the characters in this story.
   The other thing I liked was the information about Dani's past. It really gives a clear understanding of why she and her mom have chosen this lifestyle and where it all started. It made me feel a little bit sympathetic for Dani because she is living a life that was chosen for her.
   My only complaint about this book was the way it ended. The ending was really open and left to much unsaid. An open ending is ok in some cases but this time it didn't work. There were to many things that still needed to be said and it felt really sudden and unexpected. Apart from that I enjoyed this book and would if you are a fan of Elizabeth Scott's other books you should really pick this one up.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment