Friday, July 9, 2010

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

Summary: (from back of book) Travis Parker has everything a man could want: a good job, loyal friends, even a waterfront home in small town North Carolina. In full pursuit of the good life- boating, swimming and barbecues with his close buddies- he holds the vague conviction that a serious relationship would only cramp his style. That is until Gabby Holland moves in next door. Despite his attempts to be neighborly, the attractive redhead seems to have a grudge against him. Still, Travis can't stop trying to ingratiate himself with his new neighbor and his persistant efforts lead them both to the doorstep of a journey that neither could have foreseen. Spanning the eventful years of young love, marriage ,and family. The Choice ultimately confronts us with the most heart wrenching question of all: How far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?
   Review: This book is really great. Nicholas Sparks has written another beautiful love story. Ever since I read The Notebook I always pick up Sparks' books when I can find them and this one was awesome. It has the qualities of alot of Spark's other books : two people with seemingly nothing in common fall in love and then for whatever reason are forced apart. I think this one should be made into a movie next.
  The characters in this story were really enjoyable. I loved the teasing  banter that went on between Travis and Gabby and the story of how they met is hilarious. Though this book is a Spark's classic it had some unique elements to it that aren't in his other books (at least the ones I've read). I'm not going to say anything else about it because I don't want to spoil it. If you want to know more go pick up a copy. If you've liked Spark's other books you won't be disappointed.
  I have to say that this book has some really sad moments. It really had me rooting for the characters and hoping that they would be able to overcome their problems. Travis is a really cool and fun character and I felt really bad for him at some points in the book. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a good romantic read.

No comments:

Post a Comment