Friday, June 18, 2010

Party by Tom Leveen

Summary: ( from book jacket). It's Saturday night in Santa Barbara and school is done for the year. Everyone is headed to the same party. Or at least it seems that way.The place is packed. The beer is flowing. Simple, right? But for eleven people, the reasons for being there are way more complicated.
Review: I thought this book was awesome. It's not everyday you come across a book told from eleven different points of view and this one was really enjoyable. Leveen makes the transition from each character so smoothly it felt  real. I have to say I was so invested in what one character was doing I didn't want it switch because I wanted to find out what was going to happen to them immediately. However,this story is told so well that it didn't really matter because everything was revealed at the end.  The way Leveen managed to make all the character's stories come together at the end was simply amazing.
    All the character's in this story were really unique and were each dealing with their own problems. Since this book isn't very long ( only 228 pages) there wasn't  much time to really get to know each character individually. This didn't affect the story though. it was more like you were getting to know all the character's at once as they continue to appear in each other's stories. I enjoyed all the character's points of view but if i was going to choose one I would have to say my favorite was Josh. His story just made me want to give him a hug, because you feel so bad for him.
   Overall, This book is awesome and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's ready for a party. This is a book that I will keep around for re reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment