Sunday, June 27, 2010

Midnight Alley- Morganville Vampires book 3 by Rachel Caine

This review may contain spoilers if you have not read first two books in the series.
   Summary: ( from back of book) Morganville is such a nice place to live and die if you don't mind that sort of thing. When Claire Danvers learned that her college town was run by vampires, she did what any intelligent, self- preserving freshman would do: She applied for a transfer and stocked up on garlic. The transfer is no longer an option, but that garlic may come in handy. Now Claire has pledged herself to Amelie, the most powerful vampire in town. The protection her contract secures does little to reassure those closest to Claire. All of a sudden, people are turning up dead, a stalker resurfaces from her past, and an ancient bloodsucker extends a chilling invitation for private lessons in his secluded home. To what end, Claire will soon discover and it will give a terrifying new meaning to night school.
  Review: I know I'm late to jump on the Morganville bandwagon but I have to say I'm glad I did. I like this series a lot. Well at least what I've read so far. I continue to be surprised when authors manage to create yet another unique, fun and exciting vampire series, But I'm really glad they do and this one is no exception. I think one of the reasons I like this series so much is because it's really action packed. There's constantly some problem or conflict and unexpected plot twists around every corner that make this book really hard to put down. I was annoyed at the cliffhanger ending, but luckily I already have a copy of the next in the series and can't wait to start reading it.
    Another thing I like is the fact the characters seem so real. They're not your typical vampire novel type and it was kind of refreshing. I really like all of the main characters in this series I like that after all the action and drama they come home and argue about whose turn it is to make dinner.It makes it seem real... almost. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that everyone kept acting like they were going to punish Shane for what his dad did( and is most likely continuing to do). I mean Shane didn't do anything so I wish everyone would stop hating him because his dad is an idiot. Also, I like Oliver for some reason. i know he's evil but I do. i would recommend this book to anyone who wants a good vampire series. But you should definitely start with book 1 The Glass House.

No comments:

Post a Comment