Sunday, December 23, 2012

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Summary:(from goodreads) Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make…1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)(Sorry. That was rude.)
Review: I honestly wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this and found myself pleasantly surprised. Something about the story just completely sucked me in right from the beginning. I think what I really was able to connect with was how honest this story was. it wasn't dark or overly dramatic or scary and paranormal. It was just a story about a teenage girl and the struggles of high school and I really felt that. I think Rose is a character that everyone can relate to. Everyone has had some experience with at least one of the things that she is going through. She also starts to change a little bit by the end of the book and although I don't think this book really needs a sequel I am glad there is going to be one because I am excited to see where Rose's story goes next. Any fans of YA contemporary should give this one a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment