Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey

Summary:(from goodreads)  It was a beautiful, warm summer day, the day Danny died.Suddenly Wren was alone and shattered. In a heartbroken fury, armed with dark incantations and a secret power, Wren decides that what she wants--what she "must" do--is to bring Danny back.But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy Wren fell in love with. His touch is icy; his skin, smooth and stiff as marble; his chest, cruelly silent when Wren rests her head against it.Wren must keep Danny a secret, hiding him away, visiting him at night, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school, and Wren realizes that somehow, inexplicably, he can sense the powers that lie within her--and that he knows what she has done. And now Gabriel wants to help make things right.But Wren alone has to undo what she has wrought--even if it means breaking her heart all over again. 
Review:  I was really intrigued by the premise of this book and thought it played out really well. Although, it was a little bit too drawn out which made it a little bit slow in parts, I really enjoyed it. I read this book pretty quickly and had a hard time putting it down in parts.  I have mixed feelings about it because some things about I really liked and others I didn't. The message that this book sends about love, loss and grief is strong and adds another dimension to the story rather than typical mushy paranormal romance. On the other hand I thought Wren was annoying for most of the book. I was frustrated with the fact that she was determined to do everything by herself and keep everyone who cares about her at arms length. It started to get annoying after a while.  At the same time though, I could really relate to her struggle with love and loss and trying to move on and do the right thing. I did like this book though and will probably read the sequel eventually but I'm really not sure what else could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment