Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Perfect Escape by Jennifer Brown

Summary:(from goodreads) Kendra has always felt overshadowed by her older brother, Grayson, whose OCD forces him to live a life of carefully coordinated routines. The only way Kendra can stand out next to Grayson is to be perfect, and she has perfection down to an art -- until a cheating scandal threatens her flawless reputation. Behind the wheel of her car, with Grayson asleep beside her, Kendra decides to drive away from it all -- with enough distance, maybe she'll be able to figure everything out. But eventually, Kendra must stop running and come to terms with herself, her brother, and her past.
Review: I have really enjoyed Jennifer Brown's books in the past so I had pretty high expectations for this one. I have to say I really enjoyed it. The characters were really well portrayed and I thought Grayson and Kendra were really easy to relate to. They both have plenty of flaws and and are slowly able to accept them by the end of the story. I did think the plot was slow in a few places. As fas as road trip books go, this was not quite as exciting and adventerous. It was more along the lines of I don't know where we are and we have no money. I liked the plot lines involving Zoe and Rena. I think without them the stroy would have been alot more boring. They both added a certain level of drama and allowed all the characters to grow. My only other problem was that I think it ended a little bit to soon. I would have really liked to see how their road trip ended and how kendra ended up solving her problems. Overall, I quite enjoyed this book and i think fans of Jennifer Brown's other books will enjoy this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment