Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger

Summary:(from goodreads) Whitley Johnson's dream summer with her divorcé dad has turned into a nightmare. She's just met his new fiancée and her kids. The fiancée's son? Whitley's one-night stand from graduation night. Just freakin' great.Worse, she totally doesn't fit in with her dad's perfect new country-club family. So Whitley acts out. She parties. Hard. So hard she doesn't even notice the good things right under her nose: a sweet little future stepsister who is just about the only person she's ever liked, a best friend (even though Whitley swears she doesn't "do" friends), and a smoking-hot guy who isn't her stepbrother...at least, not yet. It will take all three of them to help Whitley get through her anger and begin to put the pieces of her family together.
Review: I thought this book was a pretty good read. The story deals with a lot of tough issues, mostly focusing on family problems. Despite this, there was still some light hearted and fun moments. This is definitely a character driven story, so the plot wasn't all that action packed. My only problem as far as the plot was the things that happened involving Facebook. I just didn't think that any of the characters reactions were all that realistic. Other than that, I loved the characters. I thought Whitley was a really well written character that was easy to relate to. I also really liked how much her character had changed by the end of the book. Nathan, Bailey and Harrison were also really great characters. I honestly didn't want this book to end. There were so many things happening when the book ended, like the wedding and Whitley going off to college, that I wanted to see happen. I wish this book wasn't a stand alone because I really connected to these characters. Fans of kody keplinger's other books will enjoy this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment