Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Jenny Pox by J.L Bryan

Summary: (from goodreads) Eighteen-year-old Jenny Morton has a horrific secret: her touch spreads a deadly supernatural plague, the "Jenny pox." She lives by a single rule: Never touch anyone. A lifetime of avoiding any physical contact with others has made her isolated and painfully lonely in her small rural town.Then she meets the one boy she can touch. Jenny feels herself falling for Seth...but if she's going to be with him, Jenny must learn to use the deadly pox inside her to confront his ruthless and manipulative girlfriend Ashleigh, who secretly wields the most dangerous power of all.
Review: I enjoyed this book more than I thought I was going to. I was intrigued by the premise when I started reading it and was immediately pulled into Jenny's story.  Jenny lives a very solitary life and I couldn't help but like her as her struggle for a normal life becomes more and more difficult. I thought the plot was well paced and although not much happened until the last few chapters I was never bored. When things did start to get exciting, I was hooked. The climax had me on the edge of my seat. The author did a really good job of tying everything together. Things get a little bit out of hand and I am looking forward to seeing how the next book picks up and deals with the consequences of what happened. Jenny and Seth were both really well written characters. They were very likable and it was easy to hope that things work out for them. My only slight problem was that there was a few very graphic scenes. I didn't really like reading those scenes, and becasue of that many younger teens won't read this. Which is annoying to me, because other than that this book was awesome. I can't wait to read the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment