Monday, July 23, 2012

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Summary:(from goodreads) Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.There is.She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.She’s wrong.

Review: I didn't know much about this book going into it and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the mysterious elements of this book.  There were a lot of plot twists that kept the story interesting. Although, I had put some peices of the puzzle together long before Mara did, it was still exciting to slowly have some questions answered. The cliffhanger ending made me really excited to find out what happens next. I really liked Mara and Noah. Some of the dialogue between them is hilarious. Mara has a lot of issues after the accident and she is a very real character. I did think she was kind of whiny, especially toward the end. Noah was just adorable and awesome. I hope there is alot more of him in the next book. i also hope that Jamie makes another appearance. This book had me hooked until I was finished. The only thing that started to get annoying was that Noah slowly started to replace Mara's parents. They were spending more and more time together and her parents worried about her less and less. But overall, this book was awesome and i can't wait for the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment