Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lies by Michael Grant


 

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.
Summary:(from goodreads) It's been seven months since all the adults disappeared. Gone.It happens in one night. A girl who died now walks among the living; Zil and the Human Crew set fire to Perdido Beach; and amid the flames and smoke, Sam sees the figure of the boy he fears the most: Drake. But Drake is dead. Sam and Caine defeated him along with the Darkness--or so they thought. As Perdido Beach burns, battles rage: Astrid against the Town Council; the Human Crew versus the mutants; and Sam against Drake, who is back from the dead and ready to finish where he and Sam left off. And all the while deadly rumors are raging like the fire itself, spread by the prophetess Orsay and her companion, Nerezza. They say that death is a way to escape the FAYZ. Conditions are worse than ever and kids are desperate to get out. But are they desperate enough to believe that death will set them free?
Review: This is the third book in the Gone series and I really liked this one. This was a really good continuation of the series. The first part of the book was mostly character driven issues and problems I really felt bad for Sam in this book. I couldn't help but cheer him on. A lot of the characters are dealing with emotional problems in the early parts of this book. What I really liked about this book was that some of the mysteries behind the fayz are being unravelled.  Of course, you are really left with more questions than answers, which is just one of the reasons I am excited to read the next book. The action that happens towards the end of this book is completely crazy. The only part I didn't like was the plotline invloving the island. I don't really get why that was inportant to the overall, story, I guess I will just had to keep reading to find out.  I can't imagine where the story is going to go next, but i can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment