Friday, February 17, 2012

Falling Under by Gwen Hayes

Summary: (from back of book). Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life, not allowed the same freedoms as the rest if the teenagers in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, she feels every urge she's ever denied burning through her at the slightest glance from Haden Black. Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams. Theia doesn't understand how she dreamed of Haden before they ever met, but every night has them joined in a haunting world of eerie fantasy. And as the Haden of both the night and day beckons her forward one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels toward is stronger than her fear. And as she slowly discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure whether she wants to resist him- even if the cost is her soul.
Review: I didn't have any expectations of this book going in to it but it was actually pretty good. Although. some parts of the book definitely fit the typical paranormal romance mold. It also had some unique aspects to it that kept me interested. I think the last half of the book was when things really got going and I was rooting for the characters to find a way to work things out the entire time. I really liked Haden and Theia. They were well written and complicated characters that I enjoyed getting to know. Theia's cast of crazy friends was also awesome and funny. There were a few parts toward the end that I thought were kind of annoying although, i did like where some of these plot points ended up.  I hope that the next book in the series can keep up the unique element. Based on how it ended, I think I will definetely keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment