Friday, February 10, 2012

Breathless by Jessica Warman

Summary:(from Goodreads) When Katie Kitrell is shipped off to boarding school by her distant father and overbearing mother, it doesn’t take her long to become part of the It Crowd. She’s smart, she’s cute, and she’s an Olympic-bound swimmer who has a first class ticket to any Ivy League school of her choice. But what her new friends, roommate, and boyfriend don’t know is that Katie is swimming away from her past, and from her schizophrenic older brother, Will, who won’t let her go. And when he does the unthinkable, it’s all Katie can do to keep her head above water.
Review: I thought this book was pretty good. I liked the fact that story took place over such a long period of time, which allowed for a lot of character growth and development. This is definitely a character driven book and I was pulled into this story pretty quickly. I really liked Katie as a character and enjoyed seeing her change and grow over time. Mostly though I enjoyed exploring Katie's relationship's with the people around her. From her parents, Will, Mazzie, Drew, Lindsey and Estella. Everything was so complex and at some points difficult. Getting to explore all these relationships was my favorite part of this book. Jessica Warman has created well rounded and realistic characters that are easy to relate to. This is the first book of her's I have ever read but after this I am excited to explore some of her other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment