Monday, January 2, 2012

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Summary:(from back of book) One girl. One pack. One lie. Rescued by the alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue werewolf brutally killed her parents, fifteen year old Bryn knows only pack life and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it. But then she discovers Chase, a newly turned werewolf locked in a cage in her alpha's basement. seeing him. Bryn feels a bond unlike anything she has ever experienced- but speaking to him brings up questions about her mysterious past. The hunt for answers will drive her farther from the wolves who raised her, and closer to a truth that will change everything.
Review: I thought this book was a pretty unique spin on a werewolf story. The dynamic of the werewolf pack was really the focus of the story and there was only a small amount of romance. Although there wasn't constant action I never really thought the story was slow. The story was kept interesting with constant conflict and problems. I also liked the fact that Bryn was a strong and independent character and I really liked her as a main character, but I thought Chase was kind of annoying at times, but I had a soft spot for Callum and Devon.  I also liked the way that the main conflict was handled. The story flowed nicley and i am excited to see where the story will go in the sequel based on how it ended. I think anyone who is a fan of werewolf stories will enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment